- Digital crimes are superceding drug crimes.
- 80% of digital crime is conducted by organised groups rather than lone criminals.
- Group structures vary (clustered, hierarchical etc).
- Two thirds of organized digital criminals are over 25.
- The median size of groups is 6 members, while one quarter are 11+. However, even small groups can inflict significant damage.
- A quarter of active groups are new (in operation less than 6 months).
- Traditional criminals are increasingly using digital tools/techniques